Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Conflict of the God's



12 years, and I can still remember the memories that I had with my friend. Where not actually close before. We studied at the same school. He’s a soldier of God while I was joining different organizations. We just had a connection one day and till now were friends.

Are we still friends?

Well, I guess we still are. See, friendship that has a 2 year resume of good and bad times can’t be destroyed with a heavy misunderstanding.

Yes

It was a heavy misunderstanding but still I know were friends.

Our conflict all started when we define the classic word “best friend”

For him, a best friend would be the person that you would tell everything. He will be like your diary. He knows what’s happening in your life and what’s going to happen. If there is a problem he would be the first one to know about it and be the best adviser.

That’s him

For me, a best friend would be the one who will understand what you’re going through. He feels you. He doesn’t actually have to know the details or be the first one to know but with just one look, he already knows.

That’s our conflict

See, I don’t really tell my “best friend” what’s happening in my life. If I have problems I would choose the person that I would l like to open my problem with. After getting the advice that I need, then I would tell him.

You think I’m probably loosing my mind

Well no. Its’ not like that. It’s actually complicated. It’s more of a choice than following the norms of Mr. Webster.

We had two major fights. One I have to get out of our place and rented a studio type hotel along Makati Avenue so that I can sleep for the night. Two, would be the very recent incident that he doesn’t know where I am going everyday.

He has a point actually. Of course, when I’m found dead along the dirty streets of Manila naked, he would be the first one who would be questioned by the police for he is also my roommate and everybody knows that where close.

My point, I have explained to him what I am going through. I need space. I need other people to talk too. I’m not saying that he wouldn’t understand though he does not get the point that I have to be alone for awhile for me to sort my life out. Explore things on my own.

Last Saturday, was our major fight. We literally made our place a fighting ring. Punch here and kick there. It was chaos. I was angry and so does he.

I don’t have the energy anymore so I cried and told him again what I’m going through.

Things didn’t work out and our friendship is still hanging by the moment.

He’s already 3 days out of reach, though I know he’s fine.

Why do I know he’s fine?

My friend is an intelligent person and he wouldn’t do anything stupid.

Life can be lonely when he is not around. But I can’t battle our conflict for now because I have a lot of things to fix in my life and family. For sure we’ll be united again as friends soon.

"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."

No comments: