Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Balancing Pandora's Box


Last week my mom had a seizure.
It was her first time to have a seizure. Unfortunately, I’m not there so was my dad.

I thought it was the end, and we were never there for the big battle that we are preparing for the longest time. It’s a good thing though that the friends that we made in the hospital were there and my grandmother was there to be of assistance.

Relieved

I called my supervisor to ask if I can go on a half day. He said yes. He knows what’s been happening to me these past few days regarding my family and my mother’s illness.

Around 6:30 in the evening I took a bath and clothe myself because I should be in the office before 8pm.

Traffic

When I got in the office a few seconds past 8pm. I took calls but honestly my mind wasn’t in my workload that I’m doing. I just followed the call flow but my heart wasn’t in it.

My heart was with my mother together with my mind and soul.

After this day I went home and the same routine Tuesday. My mind was out of work as if it has traveled the galaxy to search for the answers in life. At the end of my shift my supervisor called for my attention and talked to me.

“How are you?”

My answer was null and void, though my eyes tell sadness and fear.

“I totally understand what’s happening now with your life. And I’m giving you all the extra time because I know how hard it is. I check your scores and its drifting apart. You need to focus because I know and you know that you need this job for you and for your family.”

[It’s the cliff notes version]

After that, I realize that all those things that my supervisor told to me were true.

Yes. I have a problem with my family.

Yes. I need to sort things out in my life.

But I have a job that I have to keep for me to do things that I usually do.

Reality bites in life and a lot of biting is happening right now. It’s a lot harder if your family is involved. Emotions run through every single day. It’s hard to smile these days. Imagine you and your friends are joking around randomly and you just need to smile for the reason being that you need too because it was a funny moment.

Sigh

No comments: