Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Voice of Hera

Last Sunday, I went to the hospital, to check on my mom. I stayed their from 5-8pm. I make sure that everything will be fine even though our chances are down. She ate her food for the evening. I want to buy her food from the mall but my mom was diagnosed diabetic and she has to heal that disease before she gets operated for brain tumor.

My dad talk to me in private after a few minutes updating what's gonna happen. He then told me the bad news. The tumor is big and there will be a lot of blood lost after the operation. The doctor told my dad that we need to have 2 operations. One was to stop the blood feeding the tumor and the other one is to remove the tumor on her frontal lobe.

Sadness

Total Sadness

Hope pack his bags and went to Paris for a long vacation.

After eating her dinner I sat beside her (she's beside her bed) and smiled. I know she wouldn't see my smile but i hope she feels it. Half of my body was tend to the hospital bed. Lingering. Thinking in the vagueness of hope.

Suddenly, my mom hug tight and she didn't let go.

Tears silently fell from my eyes.

Then i said to her....

"Mama, laban lang ha"

She answered back in a whisper and hugged me more...

"I love you anak"

Heartfelt.

It's been awhile since she said that line. Tears feel from my eyes. Its a mixture of joy, hope and fear from my mom telling me that I have to be strong and whatever happens I have to be strong for my dad as well.

I want to hear my Mom say "I love you anak" while hugging me tightly 5, 10 , 20 years from now.

I don't want our battle to end this way.

"Goddess Hera (Hēra) - Goddess of marriage, women and childbirth."

No comments: