Thursday, July 10, 2008

Temple of Fates


It’s done. It happened yesterday and it ended around 6 in the morning.

As you know me and my friend also my roommate had a big fight last Sunday that ended with punching and kicking. For 3 days we did not talk to each other and he on the other hand did not go home for a couple of days.

Yesterday he message me on the phone and ask if we could talk after my work about something serious. I said it’s not a problem since I’ve been waiting for the moment that we will sit and talk about our problems.

As I finish my work in the office waiting for 12midnight to tick I visited his site and I saw a new post.

Here is the post that made:

Disconnection

When you got disconnected from the Internet and tried to reconnect, it will give you a different IP address. There is a small chance of getting the same IP address again since it’s a dynamic one. Your computer is able to cope with the network changes.

Disconnection means new life… new path… new network place to deal with. But sometimes, you don’t want to be disconnected just for a moment because you’re enjoying it.

My connection is getting weak now, and it might get disconnected anytime soon. Should I give in to its weakness, or try to tech and repair it?

Sigh.

After reading his post a lot of things lingered in my head.

Is he talking about our friendship?
Is he leaving our place?
Does he disown me as his friend?

Then somebody shouted “logout!!!”

It’s time.


I fix my things and went down the building, mingle with some friend while puffing my stick. After the short social gathering I went to Starbucks and grab a cup of coffee for I know this will be a long talk.

Tall Mocha Hot was my weapon through the night and a pack of cigarette.

As I enter our condo, the feeling was deep and dark at the same time. I change to my usual house clothes while he was browsing the internet using his phone connection.

Then I ask.

“Shall we start?”


The long conversation began.

I won't tell anymore the bits and pieces of what we talk about for its private but here our some points that I have learned.

Reassurance of friendship is important.

Compromise also works with friends.

Silence kills.

Solace and Privacy plays a vital role in sorting out your life.

Friends for 12 years: the word roommate and friends are molded into one automatically

Prevention is better than cure.

Admitting your mistake holds fountains of solution in friendship.

Realizing what you are and what your worth is a necessity

There is no other place like home.

We both realize that we are both running. He’s running to me to understand me more and I am running towards my life because I’m searching for it.

A lot of things change drastically when my mom worsen.

Now I believe he understands.

He ask me as we ended the conversation

“Are we still friends?”

I told him

“Like what said in my previous write-up, 12 years of friendship would not be ruined by a heavy misunderstanding and a heavy problem. All we need is a little space, a little understanding and a pack of cigarette”

Because of what happened, I know for a fact that some things will change but I know for sure it’s for the best of both of us.

No comments: